Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Fault is not In Our Stars , The Fault is in John Green

The Fault In Our Stars (TFIOS)

Once upon the time an author decides to write a story about two teenagers; Hazel Graze, a 16 years old who has a terminal Cancer, and Agustus Waters a 17 years old who is a Cancer survivor ( obviously the story is not a fairy-Tale) ,"But it’s not a cancer book, because cancer books suck" as John Green informs us in chapter four.
The story is about who Gus discovers that Hazel’s favorite book was written with a cliff-hanger ending. He decides to track down the book’s elusive author, Peter Van Houten, to answer Hazel’s questions. However, the writer is a ( I won't tell you, it would be a spoiler, a major one ) so Gus decides to spend the rest of his life finding the ending to her favorite story. He decides to write for her a sequel ( in this part I was sinking in my tears)
Reading The Fault In Our Stars is like ripping your own heart and cutting it into pieces, seriously it hurts like HELL. I can't put my emotions into words. well, TFIOS made my life miserable; I was crying during the whole book (even during the sweet, romantic parts) I was like :











Yes, this book is rather bone-crushingly sad.
and John Green was like:





the book is beautifully written from a female point of view and this is the first time JG writes in a female voice, and he succeeded by making her verbose,insightful, literary-reference-dropping teenager with a sense of humor despite her sikness #wellDone


The movie


I like the movie as an independent story not based on a book but seriously one question for the director " have you READ the book?? " I'll let you judge by yourself , watch the movie HERE


2 comments:

  1. You did a good job with this review. I also want to ask the same question to the director ! he completely ignored the beauty of the book which made me extremely disappointed. However, i didn't feel the same way as u did while reading. It is definitely a sad story with very deep and intense thoughts but that only got me more and more excited and even made me crave for more lines. the construction of the story and the art of puting words together and coming up with those expressions, made me get lost in it and feel high as if i tuk some drug. It is for sure one of the best books ever.

    ReplyDelete